It's hard to hear, but summer is almost over. For some of us, that school bus has already passed and we are slowly getting used to the prospect of autumn. In preparation for cooler weather, why not celebrate instead of sulk? What better way than with a delicious recipe that will excite your taste buds as much as it does your enthusiasm for guiltless indulgences? This cinnamon baked donuts recipe is gluten-free and so divinely delicious. Better yet: there are no simple white sugars or flours. Enjoy!
All you will need for this recipe is a mini doughnut baking sheet.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 doughnutServings
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder gluten-free brand
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 4 eggs set at room temperature
- 1/4 cup liquid coconut oil
- 1 cup warm water
- Dust Topping:
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the coconut sugar, oil and eggs. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until evenly combined.
- Add the water - up to 1 cup - and stir until the batter is formed.
- Spray the mini donut baking sheet with coconut oil and fill the holes with the batter. Place in the oven for 8-12 minutes, or until lightly browned on the top. Stay around the kitchen so that they do not burn, as the cooking time will vary depending on the size of the doughnuts and batter per hole.
- When they are still warm, spray or brush with coconut oil and toss in a mixture of the coconut sugar and cinnamon.