This homemade ricotta cheese recipe is an easy do ahead dish. Your guests will be shocked to discover that you made this delectable cheese yourself. The truffle oil puts this ricotta cheese recipe over the top. When purchasing truffle oil, look for high quality truffle oil in small bottles. It is more affordable and the quality makes a difference in flavor.
2 quarts organic whole milk
1 cup organic cream
2-4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 ounces good quality black truffle oil
Salt (preferably sea salt or fleur de sel)
Fresh cracked pepper
Country or French bread
1 cup of Mediterranean Medley seedless olives
One lemon cut into wedges or more to taste
From the Organic Authority Files
Bring the milk and cream to a simmer very slowly over medium heat. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice one tablespoon at a time, adding just enough to make the mixture curdle.
Pour through a strainer lined with cheese cloth. Drain at least one hour to overnight in the refrigerator.
While cheese drains cut bread into 1/2" slices.
Turn cheese out onto a serving plate after fully drained. You should have a nice round dome of cheese. Drizzle cheese with truffle oil and season to taste with fleur de sel (salt) and fresh cracked pepper.
Surround cheese with lemon wedges, olives and serve with bread slices.
- Make it tonight with the Homemade Organic Ricotta Cheese Served with Black Truffle Oil video
- Roasted Organic Beet Salad with Aged Goat Cheese Recipe.
- Lemon Herb Organic Quinoa Recipe
- Watch the Lemon Herb Organic Quinoa video
- Spicy Asian Salad Recipe
- Watch the Spicy Asian Salad Recipe.
- Hale Kale Salad Recipe
- Watch the Hale Kale Salad video
- Winter Organic Salad with Pears, Pine Nuts and Ricotta Salad Recip e
Check out all of our Eco Fun Recipe Videos!