Watch the Organic Creme Fraiche video
1 tablespoon of buttermilk
1 cup of organic heavy whipping cream, preferably not ultrapasturized
1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise (optional)*
Place whipping cream and buttermilk (and vanilla bean if desired) in an airtight jar, shake it well and let it sit out for at least twelve hours. If it is not thick enough at the end of twelve hours let it sit out until thickened in a warmer area of the kitchen, like near the stove. Once cream is thick refrigerate for at least twenty-four hours before using. If using vanilla bean, take it out before using cream and scrape seeds into crème fraiche stir and serve.
From the Organic Authority Files
You can also sweeten the crème fraiche for desserts. Add ½ tablespoon to one tablespoon to taste to the crème fraiche and serve with your favorite dessert.
Check out these related Videos, Recipies and Articles
- Make it tonight with the Organic Creme Fraiche video.
- Roasted Organic Beet Salad with Aged Goat Cheese Recipe.
- Lemon Herb Organic Quinoa Recipe
- Watch the Lemon Herb Organic Quinoa video
- Spicy Asian Salad Recipe
- Watch the Spicy Asian Salad Recipe.
- Hale Kale Salad Recipe
- Watch the Hale Kale Salad video
- Winter Organic Salad with Pears, Pine Nuts and Ricotta Salad Recipe
Check out all of our Eco Fun Recipe Videos!