Entertaining can be especially tricky when you are serving guests with food allergies or dietary restrictions. But this party-perfect vegan appetizer recipe pleases all since it’s vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, and nut-free. The tasty dip will convince even the pickiest of eaters to enjoy their veggies.
This dish is also antioxidant-rich thanks to the pop of vibrant color and also powerful (and delicious) nutrients from Japanese yam and purple cauliflower. The hue of these purple vegetables comes from anthocyanins, which have anti-inflammatory properties and therefore may help to reduce or prevent inflammation in the body.
The green goddess dip is also chock full of nutrients. Its base is avocado which is full of fiber--one avocado contains about 13 grams--which will help keep you full longer. Avocado is also a great source of healthy fat since it is high in heart healthy monounsaturated fat.
This vegan appetizer is great served at a cocktail party or as a starter to any meal. Plus, the dip can double as a dressing when thinned out with water. This versatile recipe is certain to become a staple in every plant-loving kitchen.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- For the vegetables:
- 8 brussels sprouts
- 2 portabello mushrooms gills removed
- 1 head of purple cauliflower
- 1 Japanese yam
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt.
- For the green goddess dip:
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 lemon juiced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Rinse the veggies and pat dry. Chop the veggies into bite sized pieces, slicing mushrooms into long strips and the yam into wedges.
- Add the veggies to a large bowl and drizzle with oil, salt, and pepper. Spread out evenly on the baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile, add avocado, parsley, chives, basil, lemon juice, sea salt, and pepper to a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Transfer green goddess dip to a serving bowl. Spread out roasted vegetables on a serving platter and serve alongside the green goddess dip. Enjoy!