Use as many organic ingredients you can find for optimum flavor.
2 pounds mixed organic red and golden beets
4-6 ounces winter organic mesculin mix or other European organic salad mix
6 ounces of Bucheron or other aged goat cheese, room temperature
2-4 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of champagne vinegar
1 tablespoon of finely chopped organic shallots
1/4 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 400º
From the Organic Authority Files
Watch the Roasted Organic Beet Salad with Aged
Goat Cheese video
Cut off beet greens and reserve for another use. Drizzle beets with olive oil and wrap individually in tin foil and roast until tender about 1 - 1 1/2 hours depending on size.
Whisk together vinegar, shallot, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add oil in a slow stream while whisking constantly until vinaigrette is emulsified.
Remove beets from oven and cool slightly until they are cool enough to handle. Peel beets with vegetable peeler and cut into quarters or sixths depending on size of beet. Immediately toss in Ľ of vinaigrette dressing and season with salt and pepper. Let stand 30 minutes.
Check out these related Videos, Recipies and Articles
- Watch the Roasted Organic Beet Salad with Aged Goat Cheese video
- Watch the video for Homemade Organic Ricotta Cheese Served with Black Truffle Oil
- Roasted Organic Golden and Red Beet Salad with Fresh Herb Goat Cheese recipe
- Lemon Herb Organic Quinoa Recipe
- Watch the Lemon Herb Organic Quinoa video
- Spicy Asian Salad Recipe
- Watch the Spicy Asian Salad Recipe.
- Hale Kale Salad Recipe
- Watch the Hale Kale Salad video
- Winter Organic Salad with Pears, Pine Nuts and Ricotta Salad Recipe
Check out all of our Eco Fun Recipe Videos!