The secret to these light and fluffy gluten free pancakes is Simpli's Gluten Free Apricot Oatmeal: large oats rolled thin create a pleasantly light texture not often found in gluten free pancakes.
- 1 packet Simpli Gluten Free Apricot Instant Oatmeal
- 2 cups Simpli Gluten Free Whole Oat Flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs (to veganize, use egg substitute)
- 2 cups milk or milk substitute (gluten-free oat, soy, rice, or almond)
- ½ teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons melted butter (coconut oil for vegans)
- ½ cup water
- Extra butter for frying
Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside. Beat together eggs, milk, and vanilla with a mixer. Slowly add melted butter. Gradually add in dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Stir in water to thin mixture.
From the Organic Authority Files
In large frying pan, melt a pat of butter on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low once pan is hot. Use about ¼ cup of batter per pancake. Turn pancakes when edges begin to look golden brown. Serve hot with warm maple syrup.
Note: Extra batter will keep in refrigerator in airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Add fresh berries or sliced bananas to pancakes before flipping.
- Add chocolate chips or toasted nuts to batter.
- Add 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest to batter.
…or enjoy the oatmeal as a tummy-warming breakfast treat.
Simpli Gluten Free Instant Apricot Oatmeal combines delicately dried and diced apricots, real sugar, salt, and is carefully blended with thinly rolled whole grain oats to create the beginnings of a warm, energizing breakfast. Look for Simpli's playfully decorated, apricot colored box with five individually packaged single servings. Empty packet contents into a bowl, stir in 2/3 cups boiling water and let stand for one minute – breakfast is served.
Watch the Video "How-To-Make the Best Gluten Free Pancakes"
This post sponsored by Simpli.