Watch the video for this recipe.
This turkey stock is made with your leftover turkey carcass. It is very easy to do and a simple way to make your own and store it in the freezer for soups and sauces. This recipe will also save you money on buying broth at the store!
1 leftover turkey carcass (i.e. from thanksgiving)
2 onions skins removed and quartered
1 carrot, washed
1 celery stick or 1 handful of lovage
1 garlic head washed and cut in half (leave skin on)
4-6 sprigs of thyme leaves
1 small bunch of parsley if not using lovage
2 bay leaves
8 cups of water (or more if necessary)
- Cut up turkey carcass with kitchen shears so it will fit in your stock pot. Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover everything with water by at least 2 inches. Bring to a simmer. Skim if necessary, simmer for about an hour.
- Strain, cool and store.
Check out these related Videos, Recipies and Articles
- Roasted Split Organic Turkey with Chestnut Stuffing Recipe
- Organic Turkey Stock Recipe
- Quick & Easy Turkey Stock
- Fresh Herb Turkey Gravy
- Winter Turkey Pot Pie
Check out all of our Eco Fun Recipe Videos!