This bowl is not just bright and beautiful eye candy, it’s also full of good- for- you plants and fats that will power you up for the day. The pink color comes from dragon fruit—the fruit of the pitaya cactus plant—which is a true superfood full of antioxidants, good fats, minerals, vitamins, and fiber. The blue is from the amazing algae Blue Majik, a plant source of complete protein packed with antioxidants and energizing B vitamins.
This recipe comes from the book Super Powders, Adaptongenic Herbs and Mushrooms for Energy, Beauty, Mood and Well-Being, written by Katrine van Wyk, published by The Countryman Press, a division of W. W. Norton & Company
Related on Organic Authority
9 Non-Toxic Cookware Brands to Keep Chemicals Out of Your Food
How to Make Stovetop Popcorn (Without Burning Your Snack and Ruining Your Pots!)
What Lurks In Your Microwave Popcorn?
One 2- ounce package frozen coconut meat
1/2 frozen banana
One 100- gram package frozen dragon fruit
1/4 cup frozen mango
1/2 cup coconut water
1/4 teaspoon hawthorn berry powder
1/4 teaspoon Schisandra berry powder
One 2- ounce package coconut meat
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup coconut milk (page 98) or any plant milk of your choice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
1/2 teaspoon Blue Majik
1/4 teaspoon pearl powder
1/4 teaspoon reishi
1. Make blend 1 by placing those ingredients in a blender and blending on high speed until smooth and well combined. Because all the ingredients are frozen, you might have to stop the blender and stir a few times and really work the mixture until it’s blended. This is what gets you a thick smoothie bowl!
2. Pour blend 1 into a glass or small mug and set aside.
3. Rinse the blender.
4. Make blend 2 by placing those ingredients in the clean blender and blending on high speed until smooth and well combined. Again, do what it takes to make this thick mixture blend well.
5. Pour half of each blend simultaneously into a bowl—pouring blend 1 and blend 2 from opposite sides, at similar speed, so that half of the bowl is pink and the other half is blue. Repeat for the second bowl.
6. Using a chopstick or a spoon, carefully swirl and blend the two colors together to create a pretty pattern.
Optional: Top with any of your favorite nuts, seeds, shredded coconut, granola, and fruit.