Vegetable fried rice gets amped up with cauliflower, a cruciferous vegetable, instead of rice in this cauliflower fried rice recipe.
This is a marriage of two of my favorite foods: fried rice and cauliflower. The result is a hearty Asian dish loaded with heart healthy, cancer-fighting cauliflower. My family loves to eat Asian food on Sundays and this is a deliciously simple fried rice recipe that comes together in just a few minutes. I’m always looking for plant-based, Asian recipes that are on the healthy side and I scored the jackpot with this Vegetable Cauliflower "Fried Rice” recipe.
Cauliflower is an inexpensive superfood. It has glucosinolates, which help lower your risk of cancer by neutralizing carcinogens in the body as well as vitamin K, which is important for bone health. It also has vitamin C, a nutrient that the body needs for heart health.
Vegetable Cauliflower “Fried Rice” Recipe
1 head of cauliflower
3 organic eggs
1 large carrot, finely chopped
1 medium onion, finely chopped
½ cup frozen peas
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup sesame oil
1 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Dash of hot sauce
1. Heat a large skillet to high heat and add in oil.
From the Organic Authority Files
2. Add in onion and carrot. Add in peas. Sauté until softened a bit.
3. While the other vegetables are cooking, grate the cauliflower with a cheese grater. Remove softened vegetables from skillet and set aside.
4. Add cauliflower to the skillet along with remaining oil. Cook until softened but not mushy, about 4 minutes.
5. Make a hole in the center of the mixture to reach the bottom of the pan and crack the eggs into the hole.
6. Add soy sauce, garlic power, salt, and pepper.
7. Scramble the eggs in the mixture. Add vegetables back into the skillet.
8. Add remaining soy sauce and serve. If you like, add a bit of your favorite hot sauce.
Recipe: Wellness Mama
Image: Scott Teresi