Using powerful natural ingredients, carefully selected for the skin issue you are looking to treat, is the best way to get results. We scan product labels to hone in on the ideal mix for our skin. But in the name of scaled-down beauty are we overlooking the value of single ingredient beauty products?
We are living in a less-is-more world. Or working toward that, anyway.
Tiny homes, itty bitty cars, small batch beauty. It doesn’t get much simpler than one ingredient products. Let’s take a look at which ingredients can stand alone.
8 Single Ingredient Beauty Products
1. Everyone knows coconut oil is a must have. Yes, it’s great when used in a hair mask or body oil. But did you know this beauty wonder has many uses all on its very own too? Use as a facial moisturizer, skin soother, makeup remover, lip balm, cracked foot smoother, and cuticle softener. Try Cocovit Coconut Oil.
2. What’s one makeup product most of us use every single day? Has to be face powder. RMS Beauty “Un” Powder is made with pure silica and is the finest, featherweight powder you’ll ever try.
3. Facial oils do wonders for dry skin. Used either under or on top of moisturizer, healthy natural oils lock in hydration and give skin a nice glow. Sure, an oil blend is super indulgent, but one powerful oil that works well alone is argan oil. Use Kahina Giving Beauty Argan Oil for softer, more youthful looking skin.
4. Oils work well on acne prone skin too. Tea tree helps to unplug pores, balance oil production, and promote a calm, clear complexion. Mix a few drops of Now Tea Tree Oil in water and apply to blemishes.
5. Know what the best makeup remover is? Oil! It melts makeup, and clings to dirt and oil. Jojoba oil matches skin’s natural oils, and makes the perfect makeup remover. Buy a bottle of Now Jojoba Oil and use on face and body too.
7. We know that even with the best sun protection, sunburn happens. Be ready with a bottle of soothing, cooling Aubrey Organics Pure Aloe Vera Gel. May also apply to face to relieve inflammation and tighten skin.
8. Clay is super effective at sucking toxins out of skin and absorbing excess oil. Bentonite clay can be used alone, mixed with water, to make a mask for skin. Feel a DIY coming on? Use the clay, along with a few other natural ingredients, to whip up a custom mask for skin.
*Disclaimer: Help support Organic Authority! Our site is dedicated to helping people live a conscious lifestyle. We’ve provided some affiliate links above in case you wish to purchase any of these products.
Image of natural ingredients via Shutterstock