This week we had the most social media conversations yet! With over 250 wall posts and comments, we were taken back at how active our community is.
After reading some of your stories on why you went organic, it felt great knowing we have the best organic community on the web. Here are some of our favorite highlights from the week:
- @ChefMarkGarcia: @OrganicAuthorit - I Love Your Website! Great Info & Recipes. You Have Given Me & My Daughter Some Great Inspirational Foodie Ideas
- @bradeats: @OrganicAuthorit Totally! Ate @BabyCakesNYC all the way back to Detroit once. So very, very good.
- @KellyNaturally: Vegan lentil chili for dinner! RT @OrganicAuthorit: It's #meatlessmonday! What are our vegan/veggie friends cooking up or dining on today?
- @shutterbean: @OrganicAuthorit I'm having this for lunch: http://www.shutterbean.com/vegan-black-bean-soup/ #meatlessmondays
- @katenthekitchen: @OrganicAuthorit Veggie Stuffed Pasta Shells. #MeatlessMondays
- @Kaizen_Wellness: @OrganicAuthorit Eliminating pesticides was a simple thing I could do to reduce my body's toxic load, & to support the organic industry.
Our Facebook Favs of the Week:
This week we asked you to tell us why you decided to go organic, and were amazed by all your wonderful and inspiring stories! They were all great, but here are some of our favs:
- Shelly Clark Carpenter Having a baby! I began a quest to discover what was the VERY BEST things for him. In the meantime, I learned about many harmful things as well, which is equally important! Thankful for the knowledge and the means to change our lifestyle.
- Katie Maug In may I found out I was pre diabetic I am over weight and have had weight problems my whole life...finding This out shocked me into wanting to losing weight and be healthy.. With this I have started reading about eating whole foods/organic the more I have read the more I am realizing what I ate before was killing me. Sense I made the switch to organic about three weeks ago.... I can all ready notice a big change in how I feel health wise :)
- Annette Fine Listening to a seminar for cancer survivors as they were told NOT to eat dairy, poultry or beef products due to the drugs & hormones probably causing large amounts of cancer. Cannot trust the FDA anymore.
- Kerri Dotson-Kwiatek Wow, there are SO many AWESOME reasons here, it makes me have hope for the future, not only mine, but my childrens' futures! I LOVE my Organic Facebook community!!! We are many and we are strong!
- John Douglas Porter I guess I'm the oddball -- I was raised organic! My dad was a disciple of Rodale in the late '60s / early '70s. I can (kinda) remember the day he came home and told us we were never eating white bread again, only whole wheat. :-) He grew a great garden. I was raised eating his home-grown organic tomatoes, corn, strawberries, raspberries, apples, grapes, lettuce, peas, beans, asparagus...
- Jeffrey Heaps I had cancer and now I don't due to a lifestyle change,i'm very glad I listened to the right people.