Believe it or not, organizing your home isn’t rocket science. The basics of learning how to organize your space are actually pretty simple; the difficult parts are taking the first step and staying committed. Take the initiative and discover how to organize your home, room by room, with our easy organization tips.
Room by Room Tips for How to Organize Your Home
- Form and Function Storage Options - Solutions like storage ottomans and coffee tables with hidden storage are ideal for the living room.
- Everything Has a Home - One of the key principles of organization is “everything has its place” and that’s never more true than in the living room--the one room that is the public face of your home.
- Have a Catchall Option - When company arrives unexpectedly it is handy to have a basket or a trunk that can be used for temporary storage of games, books, and more.
- Banish Junk Drawers - One of the most important ways to organize your kitchen is to banish the junk drawer.
- Label - Labeling everything from food storage jars to shelves is ideal in the kitchen. There’s little doubt about where things go when there is a label.
- Must Haves Only - Pare down those kitchen multitaskers and only keep what you truly need to get dinner on the table.
- Create Stations - From a coffee and tea station to a food prep station setting your kitchen up smartly is key.
- Under the Bed Storage - Don’t forget about adding drawers, boxes or bins under the bed for added organization spaces.
- Organize Your Closet - While it may seem like a herculean task, make sure to tackle your closet. Make the room that when you add a new item, you need to get rid of one in its place.
- Jewelry and Accessory Storage Solutions - Spend time organizing your jewelry and other accessories to they are easier to find.
From the Organic Authority Files
- Shoe Storage is a Must - Some kind of shoe storage is a necessity to keep your entryway from being cluttered--and so you can find your other shoe.
- Pare Down the Coat Closet - Get rid of those old coats that don’t fit anymore and donate them to charity.
- Add Lockers, Cubbies to Avoid the “Drop Zone” - To keep the entrance to your home clutter-free, add cubbies, lockers, a coat rack, hook rail or some other solution for the coats and bags that always accumulate there.
- Control Wires - Add wire storage to keep help your office feel neater.
- Schedule Filing Time - If your desk is always at risk of triggering a paper avalanche, schedule filing time every week to keep on top of things.
- Keep Your Workstation Clear - Store aware unnecessary office accessories
- Cut Down on Paper - One way to cut down on paper records is with recordkeeping apps like Shoeboxed and Evernote.
- Essentials Only - If you are wondering how to organize in the bathroom one way is to rid the bathroom of everything but only the essentials.
- Add Back of Door Storage - Adding hanging rods or some other hanging storage is a trick to add more storage space to the bathroom.
- Vertical Storage - Make the most of the bathroom space by adding vertical organizational space with shelves or a countertop vertical storage unit.
Related on Organic Authority
White Office Shelves Image from Shutterstock