Welcome to this week's installment of From Our Friends, a weekly roundup where we highlight some of our favorite posts, published by our friends and partners around the web. This week's edition includes real advice from an up-and-coming young yoga guru, big news about a beloved A-list actress' new gig sharing lifestyle inspiration from real women, herbal tea infusions to benefit expectant moms and their little ones, a look at 2013's feminist milestones, an easy way to contribute to our planet with your online purchases, a perfectly cozy chemical-free pajama brand to warm up your kiddos this holiday season, and a fun throwback workout to inspire 1980s nostalgia. Enjoy!
1. Rock on! Go behind the scenes with Experience Life and get a sneak peek at their feature of ‘Punk Rock Yogi’ Sadie Nardini, which won't be available in full until next spring! The founder of Sadie Nardini's Core Strength Vinyasa Yoga and author of "The 28-Day Yoga Body" sat down to talk life, death, depression, downward-facing dogs, macaroon recipes, and cultivating your “inner badass.” Savor these snippets until the full article comes out.
2. Tune in: goop blog lifestyle guru and actress Gwyneth Paltrow alongside her famous personal trainer Tracy Anderson are set to host a new healthy living web series, The Restart Project. Well + Good NYC says that duo spends time with women who’ve “overcome hardship, injury, and setbacks to triumph in the face of adversity," using health and fitness.
3. Botanical and herbal infusions can promote the prenatal health of both mother and child. Take a sip of these four herbal infusions for healthy pregnant moms, from Yogi Times.
4. From Wendy Davis' now famous filibuster to cultural milestones like Netflix's "Orange is the New Black", as the year draws to a close, EcoSalon reflected on 2013's most memorable moments in feminism, so far. What has been your favorite feminist headline this year?
6. Ho-ho-hold it! Before Santa scoops up new jammies for your little ones this Christmas, learn about children's organic cotton pajamas at MightyNest. Created to give parents a social- and style-conscious kids’ sleepwear alternative, Skylar Luna combines superior comfort with contemporary design and the peace of mind provided by chemical-free, 100%-organic cotton.
7. Dude and dudettes, for a fun aerobics throwback, workout like it's 1986 with Jane Fonda. BlissTree compiled this, like, totally rad set of old, but awesome, aerobics clips to give new meaning to 'sweating to the oldies'.
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent
Image via HealthyLifeStyleTea.com