Well, we’re in the middle of summer now, so I bet your weekends are packed. If not, then you’re lucky! Enjoy these lazy days before they are gone. But before you embark on whatever weekend plans you have, make sure to check out our weekly From Our Friends, where we roundup some of OA’s favorite posts, published by our friends and partners around the web.
This week we feature a piece of jewelry that’s totally natural, a video of a thankful turtle, advice on how to surpass mediocrity, tips for health conscious brides, and a great way to stay healthy during working lunch meetings. Also: A tutorial on how to make your own terrarium and a list of the benefits of unplugging.
1. This piece of handmade jewelry features something pretty unique — a real plant. Check out the article about this cool accessory over at Crafting a Green World.
2. This link is for the go getters. One of the minds over at HooplaHa covers an important topic: How to not settle for mediocrity.
3. Unplugging = a good thing. Fit Bottomed Girls has listed six awesome perks that come with unplugging.
4. Gah! I needed this dose of cuteness after this week, and I’m betting you do, too. Watch this video, via Ecorazzi, of a diver saving a tangled sea turtle. The turtle actually thanks the diver. Swoon.
5. This one is for all the mid- to late-summer brides. The article, via The Chalkboard, provides 10 tips that will help brides stay healthy.
6. The Summer Tomato has a great blog that’s dedicated to helping you stay healthy during those dreaded lunch meetings at work.
7. Terrariums are pretty popular these days. Learn how to make your own desert terrarium with this fun how-to over at Free People’s blog. Perhaps this can be one of your weekend plans if you’re looking to fill your schedule!
Related on Organic Authority
Image: Francisco Osorio