This is a guest post by handmade expert, Brittni Mehlhoff.
Re-using discarded materials is an easy way to give back to the environment. But sometimes it can be difficult to come up with ways to re-use old products. So, here are five do-it-yourself ways to reuse a wooden pallet for practical storage and furniture for your home.
1. Recycled Wood Pallet Dining Room Table: Using four wood pallets, and a little carpentry know-how, Curbly shows us how to recreate this rustic pallet table. It’s sure to spark a conversation at your next dinner party.
2. Wood Pallet Flooring: If you’re feeling ambitious, try this unusual diy option for flooring – refurbished wood floors made from recycled pallets. The uneven planks and varying stains will bring loads of character to any space. But be prepared, this project may take longer than a weekend warrior can handle.
3. Pallet Plate Rack: We could all use a little extra storage in the kitchen, with all the pots, pans and plates we seem to have piling up in overflowing cabinets and crowded counterspaces. So, why not put them on display and make this charming pallet plate rack for extra dishes with a pop of color?
4. Wooden Pallet Coffee Table: Grab a bucket of paint, casters, your tool box and some creativity for a wood pallet coffee table that’s on the move. In just a few hours you’ll have a (very) low cost furniture piece that company will never forget.
5. Pallet Bed with Storage: Sleep well at night with this sustainable platform pallet bed frame that doesn’t skimp on style. As an added bonus, this diy bed has built-in storage shelves underneath, for that book you’re always reading right before you drift off into dreamland…
About the Author: Brittni Mehlhoff is the owner of a curated exhibition site, dedicated to promoting art and handmade goods, called papernstitch. And she is also the editor of a handmade blog by the same name. When not working on papernstitch, she is dreaming up home diy projects and other crafty eco-friendly tutorials.