If you’re looking for a sophisticated dessert, then these baked pears are for you. With a crispy crumbled filling and topping of coconut whipped cream, this is vegan elegance at its finest.
Besides tasting delicious, pears have many health benefits, which make them an excellent dessert choice when clean eating is a focus. Pears are rich in fiber, copper, vitamin C, and vitamin K. They have also been associated with lowering cholesterol, improving digestion, and boosting the immune system.
Once pears are roasted to perfection, they become even sweeter and take on a fork-tender texture. They serve as the perfect vessel for a cinnamon-infused crumble.
The crumble is made from nutritious almond flour which is an essential for every gluten-free kitchen. Almond flour is a great source of protein and fiber with six grams and three grams, respectively, per serving.
Once pulsed in with rolled oats, the almond flour is transformed into a perfect crumbled consistency. A dash of cinnamon and sprinkle of sea salt completes the transformation.
Serve the baked pears alongside a glass of your favorite white wine to complete the sweet feast.
Vegan Baked Pears with Crisp Oat Filling Recipe
- 4 D'Anjou pears, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil, plus extra for greasing
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats, divided
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Coconut whipped cream, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish with coconut oil. Slice each pear in half. Using a cookie scoop or melon baller, scoop out the seeds of each pear half. Add each pear to the baking dish.
- Add ½ cup rolled oats to a food processor with almond flour. Process until crumbly.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and fold in remaining ½ cup rolled oats.
- Mix in sea salt and cinnamon. Add coconut oil and maple syrup. Mix until well combined.
- Fill each pear with oat crumble. Bake pears for 15 minutes, then rotate the baking dish. Bake for another 15-20 minutes until oat crumble is lightly browned.
- Top each baked pear with a dollop of coconut whipped cream. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Images via Karissa Bowers