We have quite a mixed bag for this week's From Our Friends. Between catastrophic weather and rampant foodborne illness, there is a lot happening in this world. There are some great articles and reports of decreased deforestation worldwide and how to easily make a dull home or office environment pop! We hope you enjoy some of our favorites this week from our friends around the web.
1. Twilight Earth has posted a great cartoon about USDA chief Tom Vilsack sending mixed messages with the approval of Monsanto's genetically modified alfalfa.
2. Is your home or office feeling drab? Your Daily Thread has some easy and perfect plant ideas to spruce it up!
From the Organic Authority Files
3. According to Earth Eats, Indiana gets an 'F' when it comes to foodborne illnesses.
4. AlterNet has posted a thought provoking article about how catastrophic weather events are becoming the new normal.
5. About My Planet is reporting that gains in forests in Asia are leading to decreased deforestation worldwide.
Photo Credit: Heart Of Ecuador