If there was ever a perfect From Our Friends post, it's this one. Solidly balanced with education and entertainment, you are bound to find something that tickles your fancy. This week's installment includes articles about what's in your Mountain Dew, organic chocolate, Super Bowl singers, cookbook strategies and an in-depth look inside McDonald's new "transparent" campaign. Have a great weekend and enjoy the posts, dear readers!
1. EcoSalon goes in-depth behind McDonald's new "See What We're Made Of" campaign, outlining the good, the bad and the questionable. A must-read.
2. Do you or anyone you know have an affinity for citrus-flavored soft drinks? You may want to think twice if you don't feel like ingesting brominated vegetable oil. Click through to MightyNest to find out exactly what that is.
From the Organic Authority Files
3. Blisstree had some very nice things to say regarding body positivity from the singers at the Super Bowl halftime show this past Sunday.
4. LOVE CHOCOLATE? Of course you do. Before you run to the store, check out The Organic Whey's new blog with 5 tips to buying healthy chocolate.
5. Some popular cookbooks suggest hoodwinking our kids into eating veggies by hiding them in their favorite foods. But like all subterfuge, this comes with serious liabilities. Read more at Experience Life.
image:The Organic Whey
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent