We present to you this week's From Our Friends: Packed with a ton of interesting and fun info (even a giveaway!), you are sure to leave this selection a little keener. Check out great articles about why skim milk isn't better for you, helping out your immune system during cold season, homemade pretzels, lunchboxes, and 8 tiny organisms Earth cannot live without. Have a great weekend OAers!
1. Blisstree wants you to know that skim milk isn't necessarily better for you than whole milk, despite being lower in fat. Click through to read why.
2. This week saw an absolutely fascinating article by EcoSalon on 8 tiny organisms Earth cannot live without, beneficial bacteria and other microorganisms that make the world go round!
From the Organic Authority Files
3. The fine folks at MightyNest have some great reasons on why to choose a stainless steel lunchbox, including a nice giveaway!
4. Your body’s rapid-response defenses protect you from millions of would-be invaders daily. Here’s an article from Experience Life on how you can help your immune system do its job.
5. If you've got 20 minutes, you can make your own snacks for pennies an ounce. Try Rodale's great guide to easy, healthy homemade pretzels!
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent