Thanksgiving is upon us! Since this is the last From Our Friends until after Turkey/Tofurky day, we've decided to dedicate every article to providing you with great tips on choosing the right turkey, how to manage your stuffing intake, sneaking in some last-of-Summer produce, greening your Thanksgiving and keeping toxic pots and pans out of your delicious holiday cooking. We hope everyone has a chance to enjoy the time off work (hopefully!) and the time spent with their families. Happy Thanksgiving OA readers!
1. There’s real beauty in choosing a free-range heritage turkey. You’ll get richer flavor, better nutrition—and the satisfaction of supporting a rare breed of poultry farmer, too. Read more at Experience Life!
2. Blisstree helps you discover just exactly what 100 calories worth of stuffing looks like. You may be surprised!
From the Organic Authority Files
3. Get some produce in your Thanksgiving feast! EcoSalon gives you 9 delicious tips for using the last of your Summer produce!
4. Want your Turkey (or Tofurky!) Day to be a little more eco-friendly? Take a look at this classic article from MightyNest on how to Green Your Thanksgiving!
5. It's prime season for cooking and baking; don't let toxic pots and pans spoil the festivities. Rodale lets you know how to keep questionable chemicals out of your holiday cooking!
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent