Ah, the crock pot. I for one am happy that it's back in vogue—and just made for cold weather. Slow cookers are perfect for making soups, stews, beans, and for tenderizing less expensive cuts of meat. Check out this round-up of 30 crock pot recipes just perfect for any cold-weather day:
- Slow-Cooker Vegetarian Lasagna from Eating Well that's perfect for any weeknight.
- Lumberjackie Soup (vegan) from Shape was born over a campfire—which means it must be good.
- Overnight Oatmeal from Alton Brown makes waking up on a chilly morning a little easier.
- So Easy Coq au Vin from Better Homes and Gardens might make a French person scoff, but it's all good with me!
- Crock Pot Chai Tea Latte from WellnessMama.com for a crowd.
- South American Slow Cooker Pot Roast from Shape just sounds amazing, right?
- Cheesy Noodle Casserole (vegetarian) from Better Homes and Gardens has tofu and veggies to make a cheesy casserole healthy!
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes from 20 Something Cupcakes is just as tasty as the original, but healthier!
- Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew (vegetarian) from the kitchn to warm you up.
- Slow Cooker Pinto Beans from Paula Deen, because if anyone knows how to do up a pot of beans right, I'd bet it's Paula.
- Chipotle Black Beans and Quinoa (vegetarian) from Tasty Yummies with some tortillas? Forgetaboutit.
- Crock Pot Saag Paneer (vegetarian) from Healthy Girls Kitchen sounds almost as easy as take-out!
- Vegan Crock Pot Tortilla Soup from But Yes I Do Eat Potatoes to warm you up.
- Mahogany Chicken Legs from Karen’s Kitchen Stories are as pretty as they are tasty.
- Greek Chicken & Vegetable Ragout from Eating Well makes an amazing weeknight meal.
- Vegan Vanilla Rice Pudding from InHabitat is an amazing end to a weeknight meal.
- Vegan Refried Beans from preventionrd.com and
- Vegan Crock Pot Spanish Rice from What Vegan Kids Eat.
- Slow-Cooker Black Bean Enchiladas (vegetarian) from the kitchn.
- Crock Pot Risotto with Gourmet Mushrooms from Kitchen Scoop on its own or with a main course.
- Ultimate Cheater Pulled Pork from The Splendid Table sounds, well, splendid. Tailgating anyone?
- Chai Spiced Pear Applesauce from Oh My Veggies for lunch boxes.
- Chex Mix from Unsophisticook for parties.
- Healthier Butter Chicken from Half Baked Harvest for any dang day of the week!
- Bourbon Maple Baked Beans from Averie Cooks because everything's better with bourbon. And they'd go great with
- Slow Cooker Chicken from Organic Authority.
- Chickpea Crockpot Pie with Biscuit Topping from Peas and Thank You and yes to biscuit toppings.
- Slow-Cooked Bolognese Sauce from the kitchn for that Italian mama feel.
- Crockpot Apple + Pear Compote from Everyday Maven for a sophisticated end to a meal.
- Healthy Apple Crisp from The Realistic Nutritionist for something a little more down home.
- Cinnamon Rolls from Penny Pincher Jenny for Christmas morning?
And don't discount these 21+ summer crock pot recipes—they work great now, too!
Related Articles on Organic Authority:
Photo Credit: Global Reactions