An easy way to satisfy your nacho cravings without the guilt is by whipping up a batch of this healthy vegan nachos recipe with sweet potatoes and a homemade tofu sour cream.
You don't have to deprive yourself every time indulgent cravings spike. By substituting tortilla chips with nutrient-packed sweet potatoes, you can have an enjoyable treat without feeling the grease or guilt!
Sweet potatoes are a healthy choice because they are full of fiber, vitamins A, and C. Fiber is key to staying satisfied longer and preventing overeating. Plus a topping of black beans and tofu sour cream really add a protein punch to this twist on a Mexican classic. This vegan dinner recipe can easily be whipped up in less than 45 minutes, making it a perfect choice for even the busiest of healthy eaters.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 large sweet potato scrubbed with skins left on
- 1 avocado cubed
- 15 ounces cooked black beans
- 12.3 oz non-GMO firm silken tofu
- ½ lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons jarred sliced jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon chives minced
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt divided
- Cilantro for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Meanwhile, slice the sweet potato into ¼ inch rounds using a mandolin or knife. Spread rounds evenly on a baking sheet and lightly brush with coconut oil and sprinkle with ⅛ tsp sea salt. Bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Add tofu, lemon juice, and remaining ⅛ tsp sea salt to a food processor or blender. Process until completely smooth, scraping down sides if necessary. Set aside.
- Once cooked through, top the sweet potato rounds with black beans, avocado, chives, jalapeno slices, and cilantro. Top with tofu sour cream and sprinkle with chili powder. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately and enjoy!