Tresses singing the wintertime blues? Flyaways, dryness, limp strands, and breakage are all part of the cold weather beauty season. Stock up on these winter hair products and gain control of your ‘do.
What’s with the damage winter takes on hair? As if staticky strands aren’t bad enough, dullness and breakage make luscious locks a distant memory. Indoor heating and dry air sap strands of precious moisture. This accounts for the straw-like texture and lack of luster, but it also weakens strands, leading to split ends and breakage.
Before you resort to taking off inches (or wearing a hat, like permanently) take a quick look at your hair care routine. If you are using the same products year-round, it’s time for a winter upgrade.
5 Winter Hair Products for Lustrous Locks
1. Moisturizing Shampoo: Using a super rich hair conditioner with little to no results? Your shampoo may be sucking the life out of your hair. Switch to a hydrating shampoo during winter months. Washing less frequently and steering clear of heated styling tools unless necessary are also good ways to ensure you are getting the most from your cleanse. Try Onira Organics The Nourishing Shampoo, made with coconut and argan oils, to keep hair healthy and breakage free.
2. Hair Serum: We L-O-V-E facial serums for their ability to moisturize and treat skin issues. So, hair serum is a dream come true for dry, dull winter hair. Onira Organics The Serum is designed to boost shine and make hair feel silky smooth with healthy natural oils. Simply run through strands for good hair days.
3. Static Control: One of the top beauty dilemmas of winter has to be flyaways. You can’t put on a shirt or get near a hair brush without looking like you’ve been shocked. Thankfully, the folks at Static Schmatic read our minds and created Anti-Static Spray for Hair made with natural ingredients to keep flyaways at bay and extend the life of your blowout. Brilliant! The brand also offers options for clothing, kids, and pets too. Stash one in your purse, desk drawer, gym bag, glove box…
4. Hair Mask: What do you do when your skin is seriously parched and lacking glow? You indulge in a moisturizing facial mask. If only there were an intensely hydrating mask for hair. Oh, wait! Josh Rosebrook Enrich Mask is formulated with rich oils to make hair feel ultra soft, improve elasticity, strengthen strands to reduce damage, and make tresses more manageable. A must-have winter hair solution.
5. Leave-In: The problem with leave-in conditioners for winter? They tend to weigh hair down while adding moisture and fighting frizz. Not Reverie MILK Anti-Frizz Leave-In Nourishing Treatment. This lightweight beauty conditions and smooths fuzzy strands without causing locks to look limp and lack luster. The fresh scent will make it a favorite.
*Disclaimer: Help support Organic Authority! Our site is dedicated to helping people live a conscious lifestyle. We’ve provided some affiliate links above in case you wish to purchase any of these products.