You know how a rose garden blooms all summer long? Those gorgeous blossoms all robust and silky smooth? Wouldn’t it be great if skin behaved the same way? Enter your new skincare bestie: rose water may just heal all your summertime skin woes.
Summertime skin can become dried out, rough, clogged, inflamed, and red. You may have tried slathering on the thick balms and creams you use in winter months to try and combat the parched situation, only to end up with congestion.
Then you use more astringent products in effort to combat those clogged pores before they turn into full on pimples. End up with redness or irritation? Maybe you have sandpaper skin that sticks around no matter how much exfoliating takes place.
Summer has taken its toll on your complexion. This is where rose water comes to your rescue.
6 Benefits of Rose Water and Products for Summertime Skin
The beauty of rose water? It is at once hard working and super gentle. Just what the season’s issues call for.
1. To Rehydrate. Rose water has natural moisturizing properties that hydrate skin without being too heavy. Perfect for all skin types. To rehydrate sapped summer skin, try Herbivore Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist which also contains coconut water and aloe.
2. To Soothe. Rose hydrosol and sea algae extract are utilized in Shiva Rose Radiant Rosewater mist to bring skin back into balance. Comfrey is great for soothing any redness, inflammation, or irritation. Skin feels supported and looks radiant.
From the Organic Authority Files
3. To Plump.Tammy Fender Bulgarian Rose Water Facial Toner is super gentle as it helps to strengthen and tone the skin. Use twice daily to restore a supple complexion.
4. To Soften. Time spent outdoors in the sun and wind can cause roughness. Bring back a smooth, silky feel with Mun Skin No. 11 Anarose Rejuvenating Rose Toner. Hyaluronic acid, jasmine, and daisy mix with rose to create velvety smoothness.
5. To Cleanse. Those with oily skin may feel like their face becomes a grease slick in hot, humid weather. If you are battling excess oil and congestion, give Odacite Divine Rose & Neroli Balancing Toner Mist a shot. Rose water helps to balance oil production, and aspen bark clears and minimizes pores.
6. To Refresh.La Bella Figura Beauty Jardin De Fleurs Skin Revitalizer enlists a remarkable line up of floral waters to moisturize, restore pH balance, and tone worn out skin. The scent is divine.
*Disclaimer: Help support Organic Authority! Our site is dedicated to helping people live a conscious lifestyle. We’ve provided some affiliate links above in case you wish to purchase any of these products.
Image of rose petals via Shutterstock