Makeup remover: Without it, all our towels have face prints stained into them... yet we still manage to have racoon eyes and clogged pores. Or, lashes that become brittle and break, or even premature signs of aging! With it, however, this is what we tend to get: 1,4-dioxane, coal tar dyes, diazolidinyl urea, DMDM Hydantoin, formaldehyde, parabens, polyethylene glycols (PEGs), polysorbate 80, propylene glycol (PG) and synthetic fragrances - all of which combine to cause cancer, irritate skin and disrupt hormones, among other unsavory possibilities.
Luckily, this makeup removal conundrum is not like voting; a matter of choosing the lesser of two evils. In fact, it takes two kitchen ingredients to form a perfectly worthy, all-natural makeup remover that not only gets the job done, but is great for your skin in the meantime. Throw together this DIY recipe for homemade makeup remover once a week as part of your beauty regimen for clean, soft skin to rest peacefully on your pillow each night.
What You'll Need:
1 organic cucumber
½ cup of organic milk
What To Do:
From the Organic Authority Files
1. Peel and purée your cucumber.
2. Simmer both the cucumber puree and milk for ten minutes.
3. Strain the mixture into a an airtight container.
4. To use, dip an orgnanic cotton ball (yes, there are tons of them!) into this mixture and wipe off makeup gently; rinse face with clean, warm water.
5. Store remaining mixture in the refrigerator, and use it within a week.