What's the best way to know you're slathering your body's largest and most beautiful (well, arguably so) organ with a healthy, natural product? Our favorite acronym sums it up: DIY! And since fall has dawned it's lovely crisp air upon us, a moisturizer that can keep you supple in simple Do-It-Yourself style will create a prevention or correction plan like no other, all in a couple of easy steps with a couple of natural, emollient ingredients. We're dubbing this the all-purpose lotion, slash moisturizer, slash salve, slash balm, slash cream, slash dry skin vanquisher.
If you're like me - and unfortunately so - fall-turned-winter bestows some bothersome dry heels, sometimes cracked and painful. I've found rubbing this stuff over my distressed dry feet before bedtime, followed by a pair of cotton socks (organic of course) works like a dream. But it's also great all over the body, from the face down to the toes. And this recipe could not be easier, really.
Let us know what you think!
From the Organic Authority Files
- 3 Tablespoons bees wax
- A half cup EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil), coconut oil or oil of your choosing
- A few drops of an essential oil of your choosing (I like lavender)
- Melt bees wax on the stovetop and then remove from heat and add the oil.
- Wisk it up pretty quickly, adding the essential oil.
- Pour into your favorite jar and allow to harden.
That's it. And it will last forever (by forever, I mean a year).
This is the perfect base recipe, but feel free to get a little fancier. For ideas about possible additions, check out 8 Great Beauty Uses for Plants.
image: Helga Weber