Let’s get that glow going. We’ve seen the farm-to-face trend take off this year, as well as a new take on anti-aging beauty. Hold on to your straw hat because natural beauty trends are turning up the heat for summer.
You probably have a cute pair of flip-flops and some slick new shades all picked out. Now, which beauty products will make it on your list?
If you’ve scrolled through Instagram or picked up a magazine lately (and we know you have!) you may be overwhelmed by all of the summer beauty trends. Not only do you not have to try them all, you probably shouldn’t. Pick a few signatures from our list of natural beauty trends and see what works for you.
If you are wondering, overall, what the look is like for the sunny season, here’s a hint: Contouring and heavy, dark eyeliner are taking a backseat to subtler, more natural looks. Think: pops of color paired with naturally radiant skin.
11 Biggest Natural Beauty Trends for Summer 2016
1. Skin Before Makeup: As we said, the natural look is totally in this year. That means less-is-more makeup that lets healthy skin shine through. A way to enhance naturally gorgeous skin or even fake a glow that’s not there? Strobing. It’s quick, easy, and only requires one product…a sweet little highlighter. Summerize this look with RMS Beauty Master Mixer. A rose gold take on the brand’s cult beauty hit, Living Luminizer.
2. Sandbagging: Yes, this is a Kardashian staple, not exactly who you think of alongside the natural look. But this makeup technique has serious worth, especially in summer months. If you have super dark circles or areas of the face that tend to turn into a grease slick, melting your makeup away, sandbagging could be your summertime face savior. And all you need is facial powder and a facial sponge. Dr. Hauschka Pressed Powder is perfect for most skin tones. Here’s a tutorial on how to get it done.
3. Faux Freckles: Possibly the cutest trend of summer is sporting some freckles. But since we know you are all such diligent mineral sunscreen wearers, unless you were born with freckles, you’ll probably need to create your own. We suggest using an eyebrow pencil (less greasy than eyeliner) to randomly dot spots across the bridge of nose and apples of cheeks. Choose an Alima Pure Eyebrow Pencil in a hue that matches your brows. A dusting of powder over top and you are good to go.
4. Tropical eyes: Don’t hold back on eye color this summer. As Vogue predicted, blue eyes are in this season. Green, purple, pink, and even yellow shadows work here too. Have fun with it. Summer is a time to leave serious behind. Alima Pure Satin Matte Eyeshadow in Cobalt is a sheer wash of blue that begs for summer fun.
5. Eye Strobing: Or “eye lighting” is where you apply highlighter or a bright, shimmering shadow to inner corners of eyes. Brightens eyes and makes them pop. Unlike traditional highlighting, you want to be able to see the product on skin. Try RMS Beauty Eye Polish in Lunar for bright color with a teensy bit of shimmer.
From the Organic Authority Files
6. Red Lips, Bare Face: One smoldering look for summer is a brilliant red lip. Leave the rest of your face makeup free for a fresh, spirited summertime look. Try a coral red, like Ilia Lip Crayon in Karma Chameleon, for a true beachy feel.
7. Gold: What says summer like gold? Try this brilliant, sizzling hue on lips, cheeks, or eyes. The key is sticking with one area to avoid the whole “Goldfinger” look. RMS Beauty Eye Polish in Solar can be used as a light bronzer, or on eyes as liner or shadow.
8. Spider lashes: Thought you’d never hear those wonderful words? Long, lush lashes are in for summer. But caked and clumpy is never in. Get the look of natural luscious lashes with Haut Cosmetics faux lashes. These are made with real human hair and are applied with an aloe-based product. Worn without mascara means you get the look with no risk of smudging or running. Brunch poolside, for sure. Which to choose from? Beach Day, obvi.
9. ‘90s Eyeliner: We have the cat eye. We have puppy eyeliner. Why not throw things back to the ‘90s when the look was lining eyes all the way around? Rather than big, thick liquid liner, go for a softer look with brown pencil. Feel like jazzing things up a bit? Try a blue pencil, like ILIA Pure Eyeliner in Nightclubbing, to keep the look modern.
10. Sunset Eyes: Invest in sunset-tinted shadow and give eyes a look of summer evening glint. Choose burnt orange, coppery brown, and golden tans. Mix together for a custom blend on lids. Doesn’t get much better than Kjaer Weis Eye Shadow in Transcend.
11. Sheer Lip Color: Think: your lips only better. Hot lip colors for summer include juicy hues that go on sheer, offering a sleek (but never sticky) look that’s fresh and natural. Give your pout that popsicle stained look with RMS Beauty Lip Shine in Sacred.
*Disclaimer: Help support Organic Authority! Our site is dedicated to helping people live a conscious lifestyle. We’ve provided some affiliate links above in case you wish to purchase any of these products.
Related on Organic Authority
5 Effortless Natural Beauty Picks for Hair and Makeup on the Go
5 Natural Beauty Books to Add to Your Summer Reading List
Natural Skincare Products for Perfect Skin at Every Age
Image of girl with red lips in summer via Shutterstock