There are a handful of well-knowns that age our skin. Sun, stress, sugar, smoking, and lack of sleep can lead to a less than youthful experience. Now, new research shows pollution isn’t doing our face any good either. Thankfully, there are detox ingredients in skincare that come to your skin’s rescue.
Global warming stimulates allergen production, like pollen and mold. It also makes the smog situation worse. This isn’t only affecting nature, but our bodies too. And that includes our skin.
Research shows that environmental pollutants increase brown spots and wrinkles in skin. Not what we wanted to hear, I know. Let’s face it, pollution is tough to avoid. From power plants to car emissions, the stuff is ubiquitous.
What to do? Enlist the help of powerful detox ingredients, like now. Yep, there are several natural ingredients that help to pull toxins from the skin and ward off further pollution absorption. Let’s take a peek at what we should be putting on our face.
5 Detox Ingredients to Fight Polluted Skin
1. Algae Different types of algae (red, green, brown) are powerful detoxifiers. Algae is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory, and even has skin firming effects. And that’s not all. The ingredient lightens dark spots and scars, and gives skin a gorgeous glow.
2. Charcoal Activated charcoal, or charcoal that is infused with oxygen, is often found in skincare formulated for acne. This ingredient has the ability to absorb toxins and heal skin. It is also good for tightening pores and reducing inflammation.
From the Organic Authority Files
3. Coffee Many of us can’t function without our morning cup of joe. Skin loves the stuff too. Coffee extract is great for tightening and brightening the skin. It also boosts skin’s ability to fight aging free radicals. Score another point for coffee!
4. Moringa This seed oil has been used on skin since Egyptian times. It prompts skin to fight free radicals and promotes a healthy, youthful look.
5. Mineral Sunscreen UV rays can cause skin to age faster and we’ve told you all about how important it is to use natural mineral sunscreen to protect against UV damage. Minerals also help to form a protective barrier on skin, keeping sun damage and pollution out.
*Disclaimer: Help support Organic Authority! Our site is dedicated to helping people live a conscious lifestyle. We’ve provided some affiliate links above in case you wish to purchase any of these products.
Image of woman in city near industrial buildings via Shutterstock