It's August -- August! Fall isn't far away and in my life book that's something to celebrate. To celebrate this first day of August (and the quickly approaching fall season), take a break from whatever you're doing and read this week's From Our Friends, where we roundup some of OA’s favorite posts, published by our friends and partners around the web.
This week's post includes a link to killer meal planning ideas, kitchen stuff that can be used in DIY beauty products, information about new, green Netflix programming, important skin care tips, and some gluten-free, vegan snack inspiration. Also: Advice on how to amp your energy in the afternoon and a cute nail art tutorial.
1. We could all use a little help when planning our healthy meal plans. Luckily, Fit Bottomed Eats is on the task and has some meals you'll love.
2. I'm a fan of cheap and natural beauty products, so this post at Crafting a Green World caught my eye. It contains a list of natural kitchen ingredients that can be used in DIY beauty products.
3. Get ready for some quality couch time -- Netflix is going to stream environmental flicks. Check out the details over at Grist.
4. Summer is a great time to learn about skin health. HooplaHa has a great post that details skin issues you can't ignore.
5. If you are a gluten-free, vegan mom-to-be, check out the snacks that Natalie Alcala, the GFV Mama, is chomping on. Via The Chalkboard.
From the Organic Authority Files
6. Feeling that mid-afternoon slump? Young and Raw gets it, and has six awesome pieces of advice to help you get your energy back.
7. Sharks are all the rage lately. Show your love for these finned creatures by painting the masters of the sea on your nails. Tutorial via ModCloth.
Related on Organic Authority