Can you believe it's almost time for kids to go back to school? I sure can't. You'll be back to quizzing your children and helping them prep for math class soon. But before you have to refresh your basic math skills, take a gander at this week's From Our Friends, where we roundup some of OA’s favorite posts, published by our friends and partners around the web.
This week's post features a make-your-own frame craft project, refreshing snacks, a ton of information about tomatoes, a mouth watering salad, and a column about the healthiest and most eco-friendly cooking pan options. Also: An article that asks if shampoo is really necessary, and while it's still summer: a sweet lemonade recipe.
1. If you need some frames for a few of the photos you've got spread around the house, check out this post from Crafting a Green World.
2. The only thing that makes summer bearable for me are cool refreshing snacks. Get a list of a few yummy summer treats that will perk up your body and your taste buds over at Hooplaha.
3. Get into the great tomato debate with this scrumptious post from Civil Eats.
4. I've been craving carrots like crazy lately, so this post grabbed my attention. Click to get the recipe for this tasty looking Avocado, Sesame and Baked Carrot Arugula Salad. Via Glow Kitchen.
5. I've always wondered which cooking pan options are the least scary (aka bad for you and the planet), so, imagine my joy when I saw that Grist's Umbra tackled the issue this week in her column.
From the Organic Authority Files
6. Would you ditch your shampoo? ModCloth asks this perpetual beauty question.
7. Wash down those refreshing snacks listed above with this cool herb-infused strawberry lemonade. Via The Chalkboard.
Related on Organic Authority