Whoa, whoa, whoa. Some of us are in the thick of the holidays, and many of us haven’t even finished shopping for that other crazy holiday that’s happening next week. What we’re basically saying is that we know you don’t have a lot of time to read this week, so we’ll keep this week’s From Our Friends brief. From Our Friends is OA’s weekly roundup of our favorite posts, published by our friends and partners around the web.
This week’s post has some depressing news for vegan wine drinkers and ocean lovers, a DIY project for kids, some great cookbook suggestions, and a tasty eggnog recipe. Also: A look that will take you from workout to party in a snap, and a fun list of Hanukkah traditions.
1. NO… say it ain’t so. A lot of wine isn’t vegan. Many of us already knew this, but still… it hurts to be reminded. More info from CivilEats.
2. If you’re looking for a craft to keep the kids busy while you’re working on your holiday meal, set them up with this Leftover Rice Ornament. Via Crafting a Green World.
3. It’s time people wake up about plastic pollution. Get the scoop over at EcoSalon.
4. Know a cook that you totally adore? Get him or her any one of these cookbooks, suggested by Fit Bottomed Eats.
5. Love eggnog but think it’s missing something? Well, we think Carrots ‘N’ Cake has a stellar eggnog recipe that’s packed with protein… and a little caffeine.
From the Organic Authority Files
6. Lululemon has a pretty great tutorial on how you can go from yoga workout to holiday party quickly. Check the makeup tips here.
7. HooplaHa has a list of 6 pretty great Hanukkah traditions that anyone can enjoy.
Related on Organic Authority