Are you stuck in a cold place? If so, I feel you. It's supposed to be darn cold in Kansas this weekend and I wish I was at Organic Authority's headquarters in Los Angeles! But I'm keeping my thoughts sunny and marching on by collecting some bright and shiny (and at the very least informative) links for you to click on for this week's From Our Friends.
This week's post has links to articles containing some killer cashew recipes, spring wine and food pairing ideas, some tips on what to buy from local vendors, a great article about an amazing teacher, and a post about the clean 15. Also: Some tips for alternative Easter egg dyes and a post about DIY granola bars.
1. If you’re looking for a milky alternative to replace, well, milk, give cashews a try. Whole Foods Market’s blog has some great suggestions.
2. Speaking of "thinking spring," Bubbly and Bean has a great post full of spring wine and recipe pairings.
3. Mother Earth News' blog has some simple but great advice on what items to buy from local vendors.
4. I think this woman has already won the best teacher of the year award. Via HooplaHa.
5. Don't forget to shop the clean 15! From Treehugger.
From the Organic Authority Files
6. Let's look forward to sunnier days with this post about alternative Easter egg dyes. Via Crafting a Green World.
7. Make these DIY granola bars instead of buying any at the store... ever again. From Fit Bottomed Girls.
Related on Organic Authority