We hope your February is off to a great start and that your New Year resolutions are still intact. If not, oh well – make new goals – we’re sure they’ll be better than your first round, anyway. If one of your goals is to seek out healthy meals (or if you’re just looking for a few healthy recipes to make for your sweetie this Valentine’s day), we’ve got some great stories in this week’s From Our Friends.
In addition to recipes, we’ve got a link to an article about a strong, aged worker, a fun movie night DIY, some excessive exercise warning signs, and a piece about getting healthy gluten-free breads and crackers.
1. This is one of the tasty, healthy recipes I referenced earlier. The Black-Eyed Pea and Quinoa Salad is full of body warming peppers. Via Glow Kitchen.
2. And here’s the second recipe I mentioned: It’s a hearty, vegan lasagna from Whole Foods Market.
3. So, you don’t want to go to work today. Garner some inspiration for this 100-year-old man who is still working. Via HooplaHa.
4. A kitchen that prepares teens for jobs? What a great idea! Read the story from Civil Eats.
5. Movie night just got a lot more crafty. This post from Crafting a Green World has a fun DIY Popcorn Tub tutorial.
6. Have you ever wondered if you have an exercise addiction? Read this blog at Daily Makeover to see if you may. And as always, if you think you do, consult a medical professional.
7. So, what’s all that weird stuff in your gluten-free bread and crackers? The Chalkboard has the info, and a lot of it isn’t pretty.
Related on Organic Authority