Is your town as cold as mine is today? Wow! Talk about a temperature drop. It was 70 on Monday and about 30 today. If you’re planning on bundling up and chilling out when you get home, pull up today’s From Our Friends to catch up on some weekly reading. From Our Friends is OA’s weekly roundup of our favorite posts, published by our friends and partners around the web.
This week’s post has links to two tasty recipes, a crafty project, some healthy Thanksgiving recipes, and a heartwarming Veteran’s Day post. Also: A link to a post that muses about the world and an article about wine servings.
1. If you’re looking for an interesting, rustic hummus to serve at your dinner party this weekend, look no further. This beet hummus with cilantro and feta looks amazing. Cooking Stoned has the stellar recipe.
2. Looking for a crafty weekend project? Give this antique drawer craft storage system a whirl. Via Crafting a Green World.
3. If you are dedicated to making your Thanksgiving meal extra healthy this year, check out these Thanksgiving recipes from the Chalkboard.
4. EcoSalon muses on if there are any pristine places left on Earth.
5. HoolpaHa had a lovely post about veterans it posted on Veteran’s Day.
From the Organic Authority Files
6. Need a main dish to serve with your hummus? These vegan quinoa stuffed peppers should hit the spot. Via Glow Kitchen.
7. Fit Bottomed Eats has a post that will help you drink proper wine portions. (If you’re into that sort of thing… joking.)
Related on Organic Authority