OK. There's one more week before you have to -- absolutely have t0 -- have your and your kid's Halloween costume ready. But don't worry about that now. Now it's time to relax and read this week's From Our Friends, our weekly roundup of our favorite posts, published by our friends and partners around the web.
This week's From Our Friends contains a link about meat alternatives, some interesting info about some of "The Walking Dead" cast, advice on throwing a Halloween party, a neat vegetarian buffalo wings recipe, and some ideas on how you can use up surplus butternut squash. Also: A post about a rad kid and an article about writers who farmed.
1. Civil Eats has a killer lineup of tasty, new meat alternatives.
2. Turns out the “Walkers” on “The Walking Dead” have turned many of the show's actors off of meat. Via Ecorazzi.
3. Throwing a Halloween party? Cool! Crafting a Green World has some great ideas that will help you keep your costs and waste down.
4. If you're throwing a World Series watch party, make sure to cook up some of these cauliflower buffalo wings. Via Glow Kitchen.
6. This 12-year-old is probably the coolest pre-teen in the world. Via HooplaHa.
7. Modern Farmer has a nice list of writers who farmed.
Related on Organic Authority