Before you pack up and leave the office for the weekend, make sure you check out this week's From Our Friends First. From Our Friends is OA's weekly column where we roundup some of OA’s favorite posts, published by our friends and partners around the web.
This week's post features an article about the health benefits of oregano, a post about a killer eco-festival, a DIY fix-it post, a heart-warming story about a mother and son, and a reflective but informative post about Viagra. Also: A crepe recipe and a great smoky eye makeup look.
1. Well, this is a story that will warm any cold heart. Click over to HooplaHa to read about how a son published his mom's book to help her fulfill her dream.
2. I feel so darn good whenever I'm able to fix something on my own. If you want to know what that feels like, check out this DIY fix-it post from Crafting a Green World.
3. Oregano has a ton of zest and a boatload of health benefits. Read more at Mother Earth News.
4. This Latino eco-festival sounds incredibly awesome. Via Grist.
5. Whoa. Viagra is 16 years old. More at NPR news.
From the Organic Authority Files
6. Oh, man. I don't typically eat cheese, but this crepe recipe may change my vegan ways. Get the recipe at The Chalkboard.
7. If you're in need of a new daytime into nighttime look, check out this smoky eye makeup post from ModCloth.
Related on Organic Authority