What a week! Not only did we sell out of our third Goodie Box installment, but you have all helped us reach over 33,000 likes on Facebook! A HUGE thank you to everyone who bought one, as well as those who share our articles daily. You are a huge reason why our little organic community grows larger and larger every day!
Additionally, we are so excited and honored to be nominated for 'Best Blog' at the ALIVE Awards in NYC! Thanks to all of you who continue to vote for us and share our content. We seriously appreciate you and are grateful every day to have such amazing readers. If you haven't yet, please vote for us and share with your friends and family. Have a wonderful weekend!
If you have any thoughts or ideas about how we can improve, please share.
Here are some of our favorite social network highlights from the week:
- @CoreExpectation: @LisaBorden @COCOTheDrink @OrganicAuthorit #Coconut goes in my green smoothie every morning! #yum
From the Organic Authority Files
- @misspinkston: This is an amazing idea!!!! «@OrganicAuthorit 6 Ways to Spread The Word With Plantable Invitations su.pr/23IOvH»
- @flamingoHeels: @OrganicAuthorit I love that strawberry/spinach recipe!!!- I usually do toasted almonds though
- @forgetskinny: It's like, #BOGO veggies! Awesome! Four Foods That'll Re-Grow From Kitchen Scraps bit.ly/L9ADaI via @HuffPostFood @OrganicAuthorit
- @MikeAGP1: @Borisimo3 @OrganicAuthorit I learned this in the beginning of the year in my bio class :-) #Imsmart
Our Facebook Favs of the Week:
- Elsa Dickson Pike One of the scariest parts of this for me is that it is talking about events that began more than 10 years ago and most people are still woefully ignorant about the dangers of GMO.
- Just be "cause" you might want to know I actually heard them discussing this on MAIN stream news...whooo hooo! It is only a fraction of the information that needs to be out there for all to see, but at least it is making the news!
- Heather Oswald Bucaram I boiled my old ulta tube (3 times). I mixed cocoa powder and honey together then filled the tube. I'm in love with it. It's really pretty. It never ends up under my eyes and it smells incredible. I also like the idea of everything I use on and around my body being something I wouldn't be harmed by eating. It's dirt cheap as well.
- Judy Charles Deborah....myth! Many sources for yeast/garlic tabs made for dogs available. Mine are doing quite well and no fleas this year! I have quit using poisonous flea products for the first time and so far so good! The lemon/rosemary tincture is great, spray them everyday.
- Barefoot Gourmet - Social Organic Food Great article! We are certainly blessed to live in a country where we just need to look up and find an abundance of coconut water. We are huge fans of the island cocktail you mention at the end of the article except here we call it a coco-loco and instead of a Tom Collins glass, we just pour the rum right into the coconut!