As always, thank you so much for being such an incredible community! We can barely keep up with how fast we are growing and all the amazing conversations you have with each other on both Twitter and Facebook. Everytime we hear from you about how much you enjoy the site makes us strive to be better and better. Thank YOU for the inspiration!
We also have a brand new OA Everyday Eco Star! Her name is Danielle, but she goes by the name of The Glamorganic Goddess on her blog! Her story is amazing, and you can read all about her right here! Congrats!
If you have any thoughts or ideas about how we can improve, please share.
Here are some of our favorite social network highlights from the week:
- @SamaraLink: Love @OrganicAuthorit ideas 4 a perfect picnic: http://t.co/sTYJv5B Will have to remember this when AZ weather cools down ... in 5 months.
- @figandsage: Love the honesty of this post: Self-Professed Hippie Confesses About Wanting Botox: http://t.co/f5MEIW2 via @organicauthorit #aging #beauty
- @GreenGourmetKim: Shoo, fly. How to Get Rid of Summertime Pests, Naturally: http://t.co/JR2wst1 via @organicauthorit
- @Winestains: And now your neighbor knows! ;-) RT @OrganicAuthorit: Just ate a fresh ripe fig off a neighbor's tree. So delicious!
- @earthyurban: @OrganicAuthorit I totally support the CA styrofoam ban it should have happened 20 years ago when we knew how bad it was for aspects of life.
- @afrouz70: @OrganicAuthorit Happy Monday:) http://yfrog.com/hs3wtcej
Our Facebook Favs of the Week:
We love when members of our community are able to reach out and help each other. Here are some of our favorite Facebook posts from the last week:
- Chloe Emma Ioffe Just try using shampoo bars from small businesses, make your own conditioner, use organic extra virgin coconut oil EVERYWHERE, organic argan oil, etc. We don't really need so many of these compounded personal care products, even the "organic" ones!!! I pretty much only use single ingredients, or mix my own products from certified organic ingredients.
- Jeanette Mcgonigle I never knew combinations of foods were so important, I thought the key was just to eat healthy. Thanks!
- Nicole Blajaer Biegenzahn we eat artichokes so often --- funny you mention "easier than you think", my husband says he doesn't pick them up sometimes because he knows how much work they take ---?????? lol No matter how many times i tell him how easy they are to make (and even show him/have him help) *.*
- Cindy Freeling If the USDA continues their deregulation, I may have to brush up on my Spanish and move to Peru! No Organismo Modificado Geneticamentes!
- Sharon Connors If you REALLY want to know whose products are SAFE and whose aren't the only TRUE, CREDIBLE source is the ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING GROUP. PERIOD.
- Allison Asbury I try to make my own lacto-fermented condiments. Mustard I haven't mastered yet. First batch was way too spicy, second batch came out bland and pasty. Mayo I finally mastered. In my house, it won't get eaten if it isn't "Miracle Whip." My last batch tasted just like it. My recipe is: 2 eggs and 2 yolks, 1 1/2-2 C EVOO, 3-5 T red wine vinegar, 2 t mustard, 2 T whey, 1 t salt. Like any mayo, the other ingredients get mixed together, then the EVOO gets drizzled (poured as slow as you can). Drizzling is the key to texture. The vinegar is the key to the "tang."