Whether you need an apron for the kitchen, outdoor grilling, working in the garden, or to wear while doing your handy or crafty projects, we’ve got you covered. We know you aren’t the type to go out and buy an apron. Nope, that’s not how you roll. Your approach is to roll your sleeves up and get to work turning some clever apron patterns into a totally cool finished product. You will even choose to use repurposed fabrics for bonus points!
9 DIY Apron Patterns to Get You Covered
- Hostess Apron - As apron patterns go, this one is for quite a pretty finished product. One does want to look presentable when hosting though.
- Gathering Apron - It’s getting to be strawberry picking time again and this gathering apron would come in quite handy for that. You could use this to gather apples, herbs or other fresh grown treats, too.
- Ruffled Apron - If you like ruffles, this is the kitchen apron pattern for you. It’s for a half-apron, or one without the bib, but is still quite cute and functional--at least for those who can get away without covering their whole body while cooking.
- Reversible Apron - Talk about practical! This tutorial is for making a reversible apron, which is an awesome invention. If your apron gets a little too messy while cooking, simply turn it around before your guests around.
- Mobius Apron - This is for a completely practical apron, with no ruffles in site. It has only one edge and one hole. There are no ties, you just simply put it on. Intrigued? Check out the link. This would be good for an art/craft smock.
- Repurposed Jeans Bib Apron - I have a friend who is into repurposing jeans. Lately she has been making dog coats from bedazzled 1990s jeans. I want her to turn her attention to apron patterns, so I sent her this project idea.
- Repurposed Button Down Shirt - This is another clever repurposing project, but this one calls for turning a button down shirt into a practical apron/smock. Love it!
- 10 Minute Dish Towel Apron - And for those who don’t want to undertake too complicated of a project, try this 10-minute dish towel apron tutorial.
- Burlap Sack Apron - My grandmom used to make all sort of practical home projects from feed sacks. If you are lucky enough to find some vintage ones, turn them into an apron.
From the Organic Authority Files
Related on Organic Authority