We all get the yen to redo our decor from time to time, and since most of us are living on a budget that often means we don’t get to realize our dream. But don’t despair, with a little inspiration, ingenuity and elbow grease you can transform your home for $15 or less.
Decorating on a budget seems like an oxymoron, because of course you are on a budget. Even the wealthiest of the wealthy have a budget when decorating. Now their budgets might be larger than yours, but it’s still a budget.
Here are 9 Home Decor Projects for Decorating on a Budget
- Golden Centerpiece Bud Vases - For just the cost of some gold spray paint you can create a pretty vignette of bud vases and from bottle destined for the recycling bin.
- Colorblocked Cork Coasters - What could be simpler than painting cork coaster? It’s a great way to add color without a big investment.
- Sharpie Ceramics - Make a trip to the thrift store, pick up some inexpensive ceramics and decorate them with Sharpies to add color and patterns easily.
- Memory Wall of Art - String up some twine and clip up your favorite postcards, magazine clippings, photos and other pretties to add some joie de vivre to your home.
- Welcome Mat - Welcome your guests with a painted message using leftover paint and a your existing mat.
- Dot Wall - Use vinyl sticky dots to create a polka-dotted accent wall.
- Salvage Headboard - Check out estate sales, CraigsList and thrift sales for salvaged architectural pieces like shutters, pallets and window frames to create a custom headboard.
- Starburst Mirror - A drugstore mirror and clothespins are all you need to make a pretty starburst wall mirror.
- Washi Tape Decoration - Use Japanese washi tape to add color and pattern to architectural elements like doorways around windows and in corners, use it to create “frames” around wall art or create wall art from the washi tape. Rolls of washi tape are often under $5.
From the Organic Authority Files
Related on Organic Authority
Top Image: travelingmama.net