Winter, with the cold, dark days, can be brutal on both the psyche and even more unfriendly to our skin. The colder temperatures, wind and dryness can wreak havoc on our skin causing dryness and irritation. Take control by making your own homemade bath products.
DIY up these recipes for soothing bath products to protect, calm and restore your most delicate organ--your skin. They might also do wonders for your attitude too. Pampering can go far in making one forget all about wind chills, snow and freezing rain!
Of course, you should make your own bath products too. That way, you can control the ingredients, save money and reduce waste.
15 Body and Bath Products to Soothe Your Winter Skin
- Bath Snowballs - Need to soak in a soothing tub? Make these bath snowballs using epsom salts and peppermint oil.
- Lavender Body Butter - Make a super simple body butter from shea butter, cocoa butter, almond oil and beeswax to soothe your winter skin.
- Handmade Foot Soak - After a long day on your feet, rest your tired dogs with this easy foot soak.
- Vanilla Cupcake Lotion Bonbons - DIY up some super-scented vanilla lotion bonbons made with beeswax, coconut oil, mango butter, vitamin E and vanilla essential oil.
- Lavender and Oatmeal Bath Soak - Another soothing bath combination is lavender and oatmeal. Try out this recipe to calm irritated winter skin.
- DIY Vanilla Bubble Bath - And for those times that you just need some bubbles in your bath, make up a batch of this bubble bath recipe.
- Lavender Milk Bath - Mix up powdered milk, baking soda and lavender for a comforting bath.
- Almond Milk Bath - Alternatively, make a dairy-free version of the milk bath using almond milk, epson salt and baking soda.
- Body Wash - Save money and make less waste with this recipe for homemade body wash made with castile soap.
- White Chocolate Body Butter - You won’t know whether to eat this or slather it on your body after your bath.
- Shower Gel - Make your own homemade shower gel with honey, jojoba oil, castile soap and other soothing goodies.
- Cinnamon Sugar Scrub - Scrub away those rough patches with this decadent homemade cinnamon sugar scrub.
- Ginger Detox Bath Soak - Whip up a batch of this the next time you feel the need to unwind and detox.
- Honey and Orange Body Wash - Get the day started right with this recipe for an invigorating body wash.
- Coconut Soap Bars - If you prefer a bar of soap to body wash, consider making this soothing coconut soap.
Related on Organic Authority
Bubble bath photo from Shutterstock