It’s the holidays and there’s no better time to stock up on the best bubbly.
Today, fine sparkling wine is produced not just by the famous brands in Champagne but all around the world. From Trentodoc in the north of Italy to Sicilia Doc's diverse terroir and California's Russian River Valley, you'll discover a new world of sparkling wines with a fine Perlage and elegant notes that sing out of the glass.
If you haven't (yet) found yourself sparkling wine tasting through France, Spain or Italy, let the best come to you. Attend an elegant tasting event like Los Angeles Effervescence: A Champagne & Sparkling Wine Celebration.
Here, you’re introduced to some of the world's best reserves and will discover lesser-known sparkling wines gems that delight your senses. Trust the palates of celebrity chefs like Suzanne Tracht and Nancy Silverton and masterclasses with top sommeliers to discover the world's finest sparkling wines.
You'll also find organic and biodynamic sparkling wines on fine wine lists at wellness focused luxury hotels like the Four Seasons Westlake Village whose sommelier is delighted that dedicated producers have elevated the organic sparkling wine experience.
And, of course, there are curated sparkling wine lists (like this) with an adventurous selection that you will love – all made with organic grapes.
1. Malenchini Spumante Extra Dry, Chardonnay, Chianti, NV
With grapes grown in the limestone Chianti Colli Fiorentini hills, this sparkling wine offers high value and taste from award-winning Malenchini wines.
2. Ferrari Perlé Rosé, Pinot Noir & Chardonnay, Trentodoc, 2010
A gold medal winner at the 2019 Champagne & Sparkling Wine World Championships, this Trentodoc wine has an elegant finish that is reminiscent of a crescendo.
3. Triple B by Besserat de Bellefon, Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier, Chardonnay, 2013
This biodynamic beauty comes from family-owned Champagne house Besserat de Bellefon with the largest biodynamic vineyard in the Champagne region.
4. Maso Martis Brut Bio, Chardonnay 100%, Trento, Trentino Alto Adige, Italy, NV
With 93 points from Wine Enthusiast, this Trendodoc multiple award-winner is a palate pleaser and aged 18-20 months.
5. Tenuta Gorghi Tondi Palmarès Rosè Extra Dry, Nero D'Avola, Sicily, 2018
Wines from Sicily are known for their excellence and value. This fresh and delicate sparkling wine is no exception. It's soft and elegant with pleasing acidity.
6. Chateau Sicot, Cremant de Bordeaux, Colombard,Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon, Bordeaux, France, NV
A lovely crémant with pleasing notes from a Bordeaux white blend, it's both lively and elegant hailing from a terroir of a high clay-siliceous plateau.
7. Bolle di Borro, Classic Method Rosé, Sangiovese, Valdarno di Sopra, Tuscany, 2013
Perfect for an aperitif, the creamy and almost silky texture boats a fine perlage and fresh aromas.
8. LA CAPPUCCINA, FILOS Brut, Garganega, Veneto, Italy
Made with 100% Garganega grapes from the estate’s organic vineyards, it has a lively and persistent perlage with notes of flowers and peaches.
9. Inman Family Wines Brut Rosé, Pinot Noir, Russian River Valley, 2016
A Russian River Valley favorite, this méthode champenoise brut rosé boasts a lovely mousse, bright acidity, fresh citrus notes, and a crisp feeling in the mouth.
10. Champagne Suenen, Oiry Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru Extra Brut
Deliciously dry, this elegant organic champagne was made from rich living soil in Cote des Blancs and is described as intensely beautiful.
Related on OrganicAuthority