If having cookies for breakfast is wrong, we don't wanna be right. And while we're definitely not down with food shaming (there's nothing "guilty" about any breakfast, be it cold pizza or cold brew), we are major fans of getting our day off to an energetic, antioxidant-packed start. And for that, we're cuckoo for these vegan, gluten-free blueberry breakfast cookies.
They're packed with whole food ingredients, sweetened only with a banana, and bursting with juicy blueberries in every single bite. Plus... they're cookies. How could they not be your new breakfast fave?
Blueberry Breakfast Cookies Ingredients
The best part about these blueberry breakfast cookies? You probably already have all the ingredients on hand.
On team dry ingredients, we've got fiber-rich rolled oats, protein-packed almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and sea salt. The rolled oats are packed with both insoluble and soluble fiber (great for gut and brain health), while the almond flour (aka ground up blanched almonds) is rich in protein, healthy fats, potassium, iron, and protein. Plus, it's gluten-free. (Score.)
Cinnamon pumps these cookies up with delicious flavor and potent blood sugar management: it's been clinically proven to reduce blood sugar fluctuations and therefore help to manage symptoms of diabetes, lower LDL cholesterol, and even reduce inflammation. Can you say wonder spice?
The dry ingredients are combined with ripe banana for sweetness and texture, coconut oil, and the nut butter of choice. Throw in a handful of dark chocolate chips if you wanna – antioxidant-rich chocolate is 100 percent welcome at our breakfast tables.
And then, of course, there's the headliner: blueberries. With their juicy bite and naturally sweet flavor, blueberries are fantastic sources of fiber, vitamins, and minerals including potassium, folate, and vitamin C.
Enjoy these blueberry breakfast cookies warm with a glass of almond milk. Cookies for breakfast have never been so healthy – or mouthwatering.
*This recipe contains affiliate links that are independently sourced and vetted by our editorial team which we may earn a commission on. This helps us reduce the number of ads onsite and create a better user experience. We are here to help you navigate the overwhelming world of consumer products to source and uncover thoughtfully made, conscious clean products.
Almond Flour Blueberry Cookies
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew)
- ¾ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ dark chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a sheet pan (like this one from Made In) with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and sea salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate larger bowl, mash banana until smooth. Stir in coconut oil and nut butter of choice and mix until combined. Stir in dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Fold in blueberries and chocolate chips, if using.
- Scoop heaped tablespoons of cookie batter and use hands to form them into balls. Slightly flatten cookies to give them shape.
- Place on lined baking tray and repeat with remainder of batter.
- Bake cookies for 17-20 minutes, or until slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before storing.
- Store blueberry breakfast cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator, where they will keep for up to four days. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 10-12