Having a good vegan burger recipe is the key to your plant-based recipe repertoire. Instead of throwing animals on the grill this summer, try this vegan burger recipe and you’re good to go. You’ll get to enjoy all the bun and accoutrement goodness without the fat, cholesterol, hormones and bad karma of a beef burger.
Vegan Burger Recipe: Sun-Dried Tomato and Lentil Patties
Makes 6 patties
2 medium sized sweet potatoes, baked and pureed
1 cup dry brown lentils, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, oil drained
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup rice flour
Sea salt to taste
1. Place lentils in 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer for 30 minutes. Cook until the water is absorbed and the lentils are soft.
2. Heat olive oil to medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant and set side.
From the Organic Authority Files
3. Add sweet potatoes, lentils, and sun-dried tomatoes to a food processor and process for 2 minutes.
4. Add processed ingredients to a big bowl. Add in soy sauce, garlic, rice flour, and sea salt.
5. Use a 1/2 cup measurement to form 6 patties. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes on one side and then flip and bake 15 minutes on the other side.
Recipe adapted from MindBodyGreen.
Related on Organic Authority