We think you’ve hit the bottle for long enough … it’s time for a change of the boxed variety. Meet Boxed Water (cue heavenly signing and sun rays). Dubbed part sustainable water company, part art project, and part philanthropic project, this simple idea has us wondering “why didn’t we think of this first!” Boxed vino already jumped on board, why not water?
Boxed Water gathered inspiration for this basic design from centuries ago. Remember those milk cartons from grade school? But not only is it cute, it’s better for the environment (and you, ahem … toxins) than bottled water. Case in point, people in the U.S. throw away 2.5 million plastic bottles an hour. Although they are easily recyclable, only 10% of plastic bottles are recycled (tear).
Before you jump all over us, we will note that reusable bottles are the best. Consider Boxed Water the second best. Here are 6 reasons why:
1. The Boxed Water container is far more sustainable than plastic bottled water. About 76% of the box is from a renewable resource, trees.
2. The trees used to make the box come from certified, well managed forests. These forests remain healthy and stable through ongoing replanting while removing CO2 from the atmosphere.
3. They ship boxes flat to the filler which is significantly more efficient compared to shipping empty plastic or glass bottles to be filled.
4. The boxes are recyclable where facilities exist. The Carton Council is continuously adding new carton recycling facilities throughout the US. Please visit www.recyclecartons.com to learn more. Also, our box is easily flattened to its original state taking up less space in landfills.
5. Ten percent of Boxed Water’s profits is donated to world water relief foundations. They feel anyone who consumes they product is in a privileged position and it’s important that part of their spending goes to help those who are not as privileged. Just makes sense, doesn’t it?
6. Boxed Water donates yet another 10% of profits to reforestation foundations. So when you’re drinking this water, you’re helping to plant more trees and protect our forests, strengthening mother nature’s lungs.
Find it at these retailers.