When it comes to Game Day recipes, you may feel a bit stuck: your football fan friends want classic wings, chips and dip, but you want to make sure what you’re serving meets the quality and sustainability standards that you know are so important. The perfect match? Newman’s Own Organics: a brand that makes deliciously easy organic food that’s the perfect guest at your Big Game party.
Newman’s Own Organics: 100% of Profits to Charity
When Paul Newman founded Newman’s Own in 1982, his commitment to donate 100 percent of the company’s profits to charity was unprecedented for a food business. Paul felt that sharing his good fortune with others was “just the right thing to do.”
Paul Newman’s legacy continues today with the Newman’s Own Foundation: 100 percent of profits from sales of Newman’s Own products — more than $485 million to date — continue to be donated to different charities and organizations around the world, including:
- MoGro, a mobile delivery service catering to underprivileged communities in New Mexico.
- Shining Hope for Communities, a project to empower women in Kenyan slums.
- Work Vessels for Veterans, which helps vets find success in business by getting them the equipment they need.
But Paul Newman’s commitments didn’t stop at charitable giving. He also wanted to make sure the products that his company created were made with clean, quality ingredients. This legacy also continues today at Newman’s Own, especially with the expansion of the company’s conventional product lines into organic, including salad dressing, pasta sauce, salsas, and even mayonnaise.
“They were all natural and clean labeled,” says CEO Mike McGrath of Newman’s Own conventional products. “So it was a logical extension for us to take them into organics. We’ve created a whole bunch of new products in the categories that we’ve always been in,” he says, “and they taste really good.”
Newman’s Own foresees passing the $500 million mark in charitable donations this year, and McGrath attributes this success to the attention that Paul Newman always paid to the quality of his products — something that continues even now.
“If he didn’t do that, we wouldn’t be here today,” says McGrath. “Simple as that.”
7 Delicious Game Day Recipes with Newman’s Own Organics
Use these delicious Newman’s Own organic products to create a perfectly healthy and Big Game menu without skimping on flavor. Check out our favorite recipes.
1. Black Bean Sliders
Use Newman’s Own Organics Medium Salsa, made with a unique blend of tomatoes, tomatillos, poblanos, and jalapeños, as a condiment for these easy black bean sliders. Made with healthy black beans and a perfect touch of Mexican-influenced spices, they’re a delicious and satisfying vegetarian option for game day.
2. Paul’s Presto Pizza
Pizza is a great game day recipe to share with a crowd. Use your favorite store-bought or homemade pizza dough as a base for this pizza, topped with mozzarella cheese and chicken breast. Newman’s Own Organics Marinara Sauce gives this pizza a classic flavor, or choose Common Good Organic Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce, which not only has a rich, roasted garlic aroma but is sweetened with organic carrot purée instead of added sugar (healthy and delicious? Yes, please!)
Who doesn’t love a gooey, cheesy quesadilla? This version is made with fillings you’d more often find on a pizza, like pepperoni, artichokes, and olives. Use Newman’s Own Organics Sockarooni Sauce — a unique recipe with tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, and onions — for delicious flavor.
4. Authentic Philly Pizza Steak Sandwiches
5. Balsamic Hamburgers
We love a good slider burger for the Big Game, and these balsamic hamburgers add a gourmet touch to the classic. Newman’s Own Organics Balsamic Vinaigrette, made with just a hint of garlic, unites with blue cheese crumbles and sliced red onion to make these burgers a surefire touchdown with your friends and family.
6. Vegan Potato Skins
Delicious vegan potato skins with homemade guac only get better when you pair them with one of the Newman’s Own Organics salsas for dipping. We love Newman’s Own Organics Mild Salsa, with just a hint of jalapeño and organic cilantro, to go with these flavorful little bites.
7. Cauliflower Hot Wings
These cauliflower hot wings are a healthier stand-in for your favorite deep-fried chicken wings. Serve them with Newman’s Own Organics Ranch Dressing, made with organic garlic, onion, and parsley, and a few shakes of your favorite hot sauce.
Healthy Super Bowl Snacks
Newman’s Own can also help you make healthier choices with some of your favorite classic Game Day offerings.
- We love the classic Newman’s Own Organics Butter Popcorn for a quick snack you can make more of at half-time.
- For a healthier option than classic potato chips, opt for Newman’s Own Organics Spelt Pretzels. These tasty pretzels are made with organic spelt flour, which is higher in protein than wheat flour and is often easier to digest.
- Assemble a healthy raw vegetable crudité platter with carrots, cauliflower, and cucumber rounds, all of which can be dipped into Newman’s Own Organics Caesar Dressing, made with organic Parmesan cheese and the perfect blend of Italian-inspired herbs and spices.
- Homemade mozzarella sticks or garlic bread are perfect for dipping into a bowl of Common Good Organic Arrabbiata Sauce, with a hint of heat from crushed organic red pepper.
Of course, you’ll have the obligatory beer at your big game buffet, but Newman’s Own also has some great options for cocktails — both spiked and virgin.
- Golfer Arnold Palmer invented his namesake drink by combining iced tea and lemonade. Newman’s Own’s Half & Half has blended these classic beverages to a (golf) T. Add a touch of vodka for a grown-up version known as a John Daly.
- Newman’s Own Virgin Pomegranate Lemonade makes a quick and easy spritzer base when combined with vodka and a touch of seltzer. Add a few pomegranate seeds to each glass for a festive touch.
- A shandy is a classic cocktail made with equal parts beer and lemonade. Newman’s Own Organics Lemonade is the perfect counterpart to your favorite organic lager.
- If you need a break from Game Day beer, Newman’s Own also produces several fantastic wines, including the Newman’s Own for the Common Good Red Blend, made with a combination of California grapes for a fruit-forward wine with a pleasant, long finish.
Choosing Game Day recipes is easier when you don’t have to worry about the philosophy of the brands you choose. Ever since 1982, Newman’s Own has been creating products that are both good for your family while making the world a better place — and that makes us all winners… no matter who you’re rooting for.
*Disclaimer: Help support Organic Authority! Our site is dedicated to helping people live a conscious lifestyle. We’ve provided some affiliate links above in case you wish to purchase any of these products.
This is a sponsored post. We love our sponsors! They keep Organic Authority free.