Written by Laura Klein
If you have never tried eggs with truffles, you are in for a real treat. This dish is simple, easy to make and full of flavor. Serve this dish for breakfast, brunch, or even dinner. You can use store bought ricotta cheese or you can make your own with my ricotta cheese recipe.
1 tablespoon butter
fleur de sel ( or sea salt) & pepper
2 tablespoons of buttermilk
½ avocado, pitted and sliced into small chunks
4 tablespoons ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon of truffle oil (or more to taste)
Optional ingredients: arugula, tomatoes
- Melt butter in a heavy bottomed pan (I don't recommend non-stick Teflon because in studies it has been proven to be carcinogenic), over medium, low heat.
- Meanwhile whisk together, eggs, buttermilk, fleur de sel, and pepper.
- Tilt pan to completely coat it with melted butter. Pour egg mixture into pan.
- Using a rubber spatula, start at the outer edge of the pan and move the cooked eggs to the center, allowing uncooked egg to coat the bottom of the pan. Do not allow eggs to brown. Move eggs around pan as needed so eggs do not overcook.
- After about a minute, add ricotta cheese and truffle oil, stir to combine. Cook another 30 seconds to a minute, stirring to incorporate and soften ricotta cheese. Add avocado, taste for seasoning adjustment.
- Eggs are done when cooked all the way through. Immediately remove from pan and serve.
Note: Because you follow an organic lifestyle, OrganicAuthority.com recommends using certified organic ingredients, when available, in all recipes to maximize flavors and nutrition while minimizing your risk of exposure to pesticides, chemicals and preservatives.
Check out these related Videos, Recipies and Articles
Check out all of our Eco Fun Recipe Videos!