These steaks are incredibly easy to do with a few simple ingredients that are available year round and full of big flavor. This is probably a 15 minute main dish. Serve with a delicious salad, like my Organic Arugula Radicchio Salad and you have a whole meal.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
2 teaspoons rosemary, chopped
sea salt and pepper
2 3/4-inch-thick boneless organic (preferably organic and grass-fed) rib eye steaks (about 6 ounces each) (We recommend our friends at Rocky Mountain Organic Meats)
1 small shallot minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup beef or chicken stock
1/4 cup dry cabernet
1 tablespoons balsamic reduction*
2 more tablespoons of butter, chilled
- Preheat cast iron skillet or heavy bottom sauté pan to high heat. Add butter and olive oil. Season steaks with salt, pepper and rosemary. Sear steaks in pan over high heat to medium rare. Set aside.
- Reduce heat add shallots and garlic, sauté. Do not allow to burn.
- Deglaze with wine and stock and reduce to syrup. Stir in balsamic glaze, if necessary, reduce to a sauce consistency. Remove from heat, add chilled butter, stir, taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve sauce over the steaks.
* You can find balsamic reduction at your local grocery store, or you can make your own by simply reducing balsamic vinegar over low heat using a diffuser, until it reaches a syrup consistancy.
Note: Because you follow an organic lifestyle, OrganicAuthority.com recommends using certified organic ingredients, when available, in all recipes to maximize flavors and nutrition while minimizing your risk of exposure to pesticides, chemicals and preservatives.
Watch the Sauteed Rib Eye Steak Cabernet Balsamic Glaze Pan Sauce video.
Read more about the health benefits of choosing organic, grass-fed beef:
Also, check out all of our Eco Fun Recipe Videos!