Dear Organic Authority Reader,
Crunch the numbers to a healthier you.
Studies show that preservatives and chemicals are a source of serious health issues, including undue stress, accelerated aging, and weight gain. You’ll find these ‘bad guy’ ingredients in:
- Diet soda, juices, drink mixes, processed tea drinks
- Prepackaged dinners or frozen meals.
- Conventional cookies (non-organic)
- Diet foods
Numbers Don’t Lie
Consider the economic price (not to mention the toll it takes on your health) of junk food. Your homework:
- Check out what portion of your grocery bill is spent on prepackaged, processed, fatty, and sugary foods next time you come home from the store.
- If you save your grocery receipts, pull ‘em out and conduct a junk food audit.
- Take a gander at your kitchen cupboard, refrigerator and freezer. Do you find one or more prepackaged, processed, fatty or sugary foods?
Items full of preservatives and chemicals are unhealthy and contribute to weight gain. Plus, you’re paying more for these dangerous side effects! It just doesn’t add up.
Jilt the Junk – Spend Smarter!
Grocery stores are designed for impulse shoppers: notice the chips, soda, diet soda and cookies near checkout. Don’t fall for it!
Cut out processed, packaged foods. This simple step will help you:
- Lose weight: Studies have shown that ‘chemical calories’ actually serve to store fat more effectively.
- Boost your budget: Eliminate spending on junk and put the cash towards more nutritious, high quality and organic food.
Last Friday, California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger signed AB 97, a bill that will phase out the use of trans fats in all California restaurants beginning in 2010 and from all baked goods by 2011. To read more about trans fats, check out our blog. Way to go Gov!
Remember get healthy and go organic and green!
Laura L. Klein
Publisher and Healthy Home Consultant
In my last newsletter, I told you about Kleer Drain, a green super plunger and one of my favorite products. This amazing tool replaces chemical liquid drain cleaners (one of the most toxic products in the home) and messy, traditional plungers. If you missed it, check out my Kleer Drain profile.
Stop spending a fortune on pricey liquid drainers: Kleer Drain can help with that too!
Check out First Look LA – 5 Minutes with Laura Klein to see my personal approach to green and healthy living!