Whether you're the foodie who loves to keep up with the latest and greatest information or looking for the perfect holiday gift for a foodie on your list, these new books should definitely be on your radar!
7 New, Must-Read Books For Foodies
- 50 Foods: The Essentials of Good Taste
From the creator of the celebrated magazine, The Art of Eating, 50 Foods is billed as the definitive guide to simple, practical information about buying, using, preparing, and enjoying the foods every food lover must know.
- Candy: A Century of Panic and Pleasure
For the candy-loving foodie in your life, a fascinating history that examines how candy went from a luxury to a cheap, mass-produced snack.
- Food: An Atlas
Travelers, foodies and map-afficianados alike will enjoy this big book of maps on food production, distribution, security, exploration, and identity, ranging from rooftop gardens in Manhattan to taco trucks in East Oakland.
- The Vegetarian Crusade: The Rise of an American Reform Movement, 1817-1921
A readable, accessable history of the vegetarian movement in the U.S. from its inception, and viewed in the context of broader social movements.
- Bless This Food: Ancient and Contemporary Graces from Around the World
Perfect for Thanksgiving, this collection of 160 blessings from around the world and throughout human history will surely bring a cultural note to the table.
- The Best Lunchbox Ever: Ideas and Recipes for School Lunches Kids Will Love
For anyone who packs a lunch—for a kid or otherwise—this is a lovely collection of ideas and inspiration to break free from brown-bag boredom.
- The Industrial Diet: The Degradation of Food and the Struggle for Healthy Eating
A more scholarly work than Food Inc., but just as important. Chock full of important information and advocacy for change and a "human food regime."
Related Articles on Organic Authority: